Sunday, April 16, 2006

Eulogy by Ma. Cristina B. Samson

President, UP Library Science Alumni Association

I first met Dean Cruz when I was a graduate student at the Institute. She was our librarian then and she would always be there to assist us in our research. Later on, she became my professor when she assumed the class of Dean Vallejo. There, I got to know a little bit of her kindness, especially to us her students.

She was so understanding and tolerant to working students like me, who are always in a hurry. She’s always there to give us guidance and assistance. She was not just a teacher at that time, she was more of a mother to us. I truly admire her as a mother when I see her and her family at Mass on Sundays.

Just recently, I had a more personal and intimate time with Dean Cruz when she accepted our invitation for the Alumni Homecoming. Despite her health problems, she obliged to be with us and perform her duties as our Dean. She did enjoy the program and the company of colleagues and friends.

As I walked with her, I had the chance to talk to her and see the goodness and braveness in her heart. I can still feel her touch. In as much as she wanted to stay, she had to go. All I can say then was "thank you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home